This Privacy Statement informs you of the policies that Buckaroo has in place regarding the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data that we process. Buckaroo (Postbus 8257, 3503 RG Utrecht, The Netherlands) is controller of this personal data.
When using our services, we may collect the following personal data within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Act:
- Personal Information – we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (i.e. Personal Information):
- When you are registering with us and/or subscribing to our services, which includes your name, address, postal code, city, country, phone number and e-mail address.
- When you make a payment through Buckaroo (Stichting Derdengelden Buckaroo), which includes your payment details, IP address, your internet browser and device type, your name, in some cases address details and e-mail address.
- Log Data – we may collect information that your browser sends us when you are using our website (i.e. Log Data). This includes your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, website visits, length of visit and page views
Purposes and lawfulness of the Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected on our website may be used for the following purposes:
- To contact you when you have submitted a web-form on our website in relation to our services. We require personal data to enter into the contractual relationship in relation to the services;
- To send you information of which we think that it may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive such information, you can ‘unsubscribe’;
- To send you marketing communications relating to our business. If you no longer wish to receive such information, you can ‘unsubscribe’;
- We require personal data for the performance of the contractual relationship;
- To comply with laws and regulations in the Netherlands and other EU jurisdictions such as anti-money laundering laws, including the Dutch Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme. Without personal data we cannot comply with these laws and regulations and therefore cannot offer you our services.
- To protect the website and network traffic against DDoS attacks;
We only process your personal data for the above purposes and ensure that it is only available to those people who have a legitimate need to know and who would require access to it.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We may use the services of third parties if this is necessary to provide you the appropriate services. Your personal data may be transferred by Buckaroo to its affiliated companies, such as auditors, legal representatives, acquiring banks and other parties that assist Buckaroo to comply with laws and regulations. If personal data is processed in the United States for these purposes, Buckaroo guarantees that the involved party is certified under the EU US Privacy Shield. We may also disclose your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law, for example in case of a valid request by a supervisory authority.
Buckaroo can use the services of a third party for a limited part of its services Buckaroo to protect its website and network traffic against DDoS attacks. For this purpose, log data is collected and analysed. The log data is collected by our service provider in the United States. This party is certified under the EU US Privacy Shield. To the extent that the log data are transferred to other countries outside the European Economic Area, they are protected under the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data.
Access to Personal Data and Complaints
You may inspect the personal data that we have collected in relation to you. If the collected personal data contains incorrect information, you can request Buckaroo to correct, complete or delete such data. Furthermore, you may always contact Buckaroo to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can use the contact details below for such request. We do not process personal data via automated decision making nor do we engage in profiling. Should you have any complaint regarding our use of your personal data, you may lodge such complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons).
Security of Personal DataWe will take all necessary appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Information retention The personal data will not be kept for longer than the mandatory statutory period or, if such a mandatory period does not apply, no longer than is strictly necessary for the provision of our services.
You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser. You can have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, delete individual cookies or delete all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to delete Buckaroo cookies, your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be degraded or restricted.s.
Your access to, and use of, our website is subject to the terms of our Disclaimer. For further information, please refer to our Disclaimer.
Changes To Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make any material changes to the Privacy Statement, we will notify you either through the e-mail address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on the Plaza and website. We advise that you check our website regularly for updates.
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending us an e-mail ([email protected]).
Utrecht, September 24 2021